Photo Recovery from Mac
- Recover images from file systems based HFS+ and HFS X .
- Quick and easy recovery of photos, audio and video.
- Recovers media files from Mac hard drives, iPods, professional DSLRs and corrupt memory cards.
Mac is an Operating System manufactured by Apple. It is installed in both Intel and Power PC Mac hardware platforms. All Apple products like i-Pod shuffle, i-shuffle, i-Pod classic,i-Mac, etc use the Mac Operating System. Mac is preferred over other OSs because it is faster, better in terms of performance and data security etc. The Mac Operating System has different versions like 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.7 and more. Mac works on file systems based on HFS+ and HFS X.
Mac OS X is the upgraded latest version OS, developed and manufactured by Apple Inc. Mac OS X is the tenth version of Mac OS in which “X” is referred to the Roman number 10. Mac OS X is a graphical interface operating system based on UNIX. iOS that is used on Apple products like Apple i-Pod, shuffle and iPod nano are basis of Mac OS X. Mac OS X is faster, the interface and look of this OS is different when compared to Mac OS 9. To perform recovery of photos on Windows 7 visit this link. Mac machines are designed precisely inside out to give better performances and function with better standards. The powerful Mac OS X is the first choice for designers and graphIc editors In case photos are deleted or lost, Mac OS X image recovery tool can be used. The Digital Camera Photo Recovery is the best Mac photo recovery application. You can utilize this tool to recover deleted photos from Kodak EasyShare, Sony CyberShot, Nikon d700, Canon and lot more brands of digital camera.
The following are some photo loss scenarios from Mac OS X:
- Photos may accidently get deleted if you use Command + Delete keys or select “Delete All” option on a camera
- Pictures are deleted when you accidently format the hard drive or memory card when Mac OS X prompts for disk initialization
- Images can also be lost due to power surge
- Capturing photos when the camera is low on battery
In such situations, recover photos from Canon Power Shot can be done & you can get an idea of the recovery process by clicking here.
You can follow the given precautions to avoid deletion of pictures from Mac OS X:
- Make sure you back up photos from the camera to the laptop as this may help you to store more data on the memory card and prevent data to be overwritten.
- Store data from the computer to any accessible device like a CD/DVD before you format the computer.
The following are a few steps to attain Mac OS X photo recovery:
- Step 1: Plug the memory card using a card reader to the computer, which has the Digital Camera Photo Recovery, is installed.
- Step 2:Launch the application by double clicking the shortcut icon on the desktop or by using Start>Programs and then select the “Recover Photos” option, as shown in fig.1
Fig.1 Main screen
- Step 3:After selecting the appropriate option, a list containing all the logical volumes appears, as shown in fig.2.
Fig.2 Select the memory card option
- Step 4: You can view the recovered media files in the “Data View” or "File Type View."
- Step 5: Save the recovered results by using the “Save Recovery Session” option and later you can activate the software and load the previously scanned data by using the “Open Recovery Session”, as shown in fig.3.
Fig.3 Open Recovery Session